Business Education and Training
Individual Coaching, Business Classes, Workshops and Seminars
Upcoming Workshops and Seminars
Pitchfest Academy, Friday, June 27
About our education programs
The Center coordinates business education and training in planning, marketing, finances, and entrepreneurship, particularly through the use of web-based technology and our seminar series held each Spring and Fall. We also present an annual Secrets of Small Business Funding forum. Further, we have a well-developed network of advisors that provide on-on-one guidance, create customized programs of action for selected clients; and help develop networking opportunities.
The advisors will nurture carefully selected businesses and entrepreneurs (“clients”) and provide professional and technical assistance and services in a customized program of action. Client selection is based on the following criteria:
- Business potential, including a quality business plan, an assessment of services, technology or products being produced, clarity of market focus, and the ability to deliver marketable products and/or services;
- Quality of management team, including the business and/or technical experience related to the focus of the organization and the willingness to subscribe to “best practices” in business management;
- Willingness to take advice from the advisor or project team, including identification of critical needs and networking potential;
- Potential economic impact, including job retention or creation, increase in tax revenues, and improvement of the overall business climate.
Partnership with Colorado Mountain College
The Roaring Fork Business Resource Center (“The Center”) partners with Colorado Mountain College (“CMC“) to assist both in bringing more CMC resources, training, business courses, and services to the region and in identifying prospective businesses and entrepreneurs who could benefit from the information and training.
Access to business resources and development of additional courses and trainings includes: CMC Online Courses
Over 300 instructor-facilitated online courses are available now at a discounted rate of $135-. All six-week courses, offered monthly, are non-credit courses. Courses include:
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals
- Principles of Sales Management
- Successful Construction
- Business and Marketing Writing
- Starting a Non-profit
For more information, see Colorado Mountain College’s Online Instruction Center.